Do you want to know what is a good song to dedicate to your child?
Or are you feeling sentimental and want to hear some heartwarming songs about family?
Whatever the reason for your visit, we invite you to explore our list of the best songs about kids.
There aren't that many children's songs likeclassic love songsthough, but we managed to find some great songs.
You'll find well-known tunes as well as some hidden gems.
So here is our pick of the 30 best songs about kids!
Table of contents
- 30 songs about children
- final thoughts
30 songs about children
1. Selah Sue – „Du“
In 2020, Belgian singer-songwriter Selah Sue released one of the most popular songs dedicated to her son.
She managed to capture the pure and genuine feeling of being a mother.
"Stay a little longer
All I need is time in your embrace
it's always so much better
I've never felt like this in my life."
2. Pedro Gabriel - "Father, Son"
"Father, Son" by Peter Gabriel is a personal song about the father-son relationship.
It's inspired by the fact that Gabriel wasn't as close to his father as he wanted.
Feelings like this are very complex, but he managed to express them in a very creative and sentimental way.
“Remember the breakwaters by the waves
First I found my courage
Knowing that dad could save
I could hold back the tide
With my father by my side."
3. Los Pretendientes - "I will be by your side"
"I'll Stand By You" can easily be described as one of the most beautiful songs about a son.
It's actually a song about love and support, which is the most important thing in a family.
So whether "I'll Stand By You" is a song about friendship, romantic love or fatherhood really depends on how you look at it.
"Oh, why do you look so sad?
There are tears in your eyes
come and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me help you.
4. Carole King - "My Girl"
"Child of Mine" is a beautiful piano song about love for a child.
So if you're looking for a good song to dedicate to your child, Carole King's "Child of Mine" is a great choice.
If you're not sure, just look at the text:
You don't need directions
You know which way to go
And I don't wanna hold you
I just wanna see you grow
you are the one who taught me
You don't have to look back."
5. Alicia Keys - "Sprachloss"
In her 2010 song "Speechless," Alicia Keys sings about her newborn son, Egypt.
A few other Keys songs are also inspired by his family life (like "Blended Family"), but "Speechless" seems the easiest.
"When I wake up in the morning, baby
I can't believe what I'm seeing
The sweetest part of fate
Oh yes, because now you are in my life.
6. Adele - "My little love"
In her song "My Little Love", released on her new album "30",Adele talks to her son Angelo.
It is a very sentimental and tender song.
And Adele seems more honest and vulnerable than ever.
"My little love
Tell me, can you feel the past hurting me?
When you lay next to me, can you hear my heart break?
I wish you had everything I never had
I'm really sorry if what I did makes you sad."
7. Will Smith - "Just the Two of Us"
Will Smith dedicated this version of the timeless Bill Withers classic to his son.
And it turns out that "Just The Two Of Us" might be a great song for your kid.
"Just the two of us
We can do it if we try
Just the two of us."
8. Ciara - "Got you"
"Hush baby, don't cry
Mom will love you all your life
And if you ever need a friend
Mom is there until the end."
If you look at the lyrics to Ciara's "I Got You," it's pretty clear that it's one of her songs about children.
The song is honest and sweet, and if you're a mom, very relatable.
9. DMX - "Letter to my son (Call your father)"
Relationships between parents and children are not always easy and each has their own story and experience.
Letter to My Son (Call Your Dad) talks about all the regrets and struggles of being a father.
The song was featured on DMX's posthumous Exodus album.
"I should have been there, but I let you down
It's not too late, it's not too late
I can't give you yesterday
But I can learn from my mistakes.
It's not too late, it's not too late."
10. Brad Paisley - "Everything Like Me"
If you're looking for a country song about kids, you can always turn to Brad Paisley.
"Anything Like Me" is a sweet, relatable song about the thrill of seeing your child.increasinglyand more and more like you
And I began to wonder who it would be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
You're probably climbing a really tall tree and riding a bike really fast.
End every summer with something plastered.
11. Elvie Shane – „Mi chico“
"He's not my blood, he doesn't have my name
But if I did, I would feel the same way
I wasn't there when you took your first steps.
But I haven't lost a baseball game yet.
Elvie Shane was reportedly inspired to write "My Boy" after seeing a Facebook post that read, "I don't have a stepson, I have a son who was born before I knew him."
So “My Boy” is about love andI respectin a mixed family.
12. Cat Stevens - "Father and Son"
Cat Stevens' Father & Son is a conversation between father and son.
It's not always a pleasant conversation; Sometimes we don't have the same worldview as our parents or our children.
Although the song doesn't tell a true story, it was influenced by the singer's relationship with his own father.
Stevens didn't follow his father's path (he didn't join the family business), but that didn't affect their relationship.
13. Mumford and Sons – „Kleiner Löwenmann“
Many people think that "Little Lion Man" refers to Marcus Mumford's son.
It could also be a song about growing up and realizing you're not who you used to be.
Maybe "Little Lion Man" is one of those father-to-son songs, and maybe it's about the kid in all of us.
Anyway, it's a fantastic song that deserves a spot on this list.
"Treat yourself and take care of yourself
Gather all the courage you have left
And waste to solve all problems
What have you been doing in your own head?
14. Sly & The Family Stone – „Asunto de familia“
"Family Affair" may not be your typical nursery rhyme, but it definitely has an important message.
It's a funky song with crazy lyrics about being there for your family no matter what.
In a way, the lyrics can be interpreted like this: Whatever happens and whatever you do, it's going to be okay because it's a family matter.
"Mom loves you both.
Look, it's in the blood.
Both children get along well with their mother.
Blood is thicker than mud.
15. Rascal Flatts - "My Wish"
"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts sounds like a letter you would give your child on graduation day.
And if you like country rock, why not turn it into a song for your kid?
But more than anything, more than anything
My wish for you is that this life becomes what you want it to be.
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never have to carry more than you can handle.
16. Coldplay – „Papai“
Coldplay's Chris Martin said he was inspired to write "Daddy" when he was long separated from his family.
It is a very tender and sentimental song about a son and his absent father.
While not a personal story, it is very relatable and real. In fact, it's heartbreaking.
"Dad, are you there?
Daddy, won't you come and play?
Dad, don't you mind?
Don't you want to say anything?"
17. Radiohead – „Vela a la luna“
Radiohead's Thom Yorke apparently dedicated "Sail To The Moon" to his son Noah.
And while Yorke isn't one to write a typical father-son song, the lyrics seem pretty straightforward.
It's not a typical song anyway.
But distinguish right from wrong
or in the tide
You will build an ark.
18. Cheryl Crow - "Lullaby for Wyatt"
Cheryl Crow wrote this gentle ballad for her adopted son Wyatt.
It was his way of expressing his unconditional love and it also suggested that you should be ready to let your child go when they are grown and independent.
"How can I prevent you from getting lost?
I hope you find love like I once did.
But love is letting go
and I will know
because you were mine
For a while."
19. Phil Colins - "You'll be in my heart"
"You'll Be In My Heart" could be a beautiful song for a child.
It's about strong bonds and always being there for someone.
The song also features in the Disney animated film Tarzan.
"For someone so small
you look so strong
My arms will hold you
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
cannot be broken
I'll be here, don't cry.
20. Lauryn Hill – „Ein Sion“
If you look at the lyrics of "To Zion" it's one of the most honest and moving songs about loving a child.
Lauryn Hill has a son Zion with Rohan Marley, one of Bob Marley's sons.
She didn't plan the pregnancy, which explains the text:
"I knew his life deserved a chance
But they all told me to be smart
Look at your career, they said
Lauryn baby, use your head
But instead I chose to use my heart."
21. Jason Mraz - "93 million miles"
"93 Million Miles" is a moving song about home and family.
In this tune, Jason Mraz is a son and he remembers his mother's words:
"Son, you've come a long way in life
if you do it right
You will love where you are
I only know where you're going
You can always come home."
22. Soundtrack by Capitán Fantástico – „Sweet Child O Mine“
This sweet and soulful version of the all-time hit Sweet Child O Mine is featured in the movie Captain Fantastic.
The film tells the story of a father (Viggo Mortensen) who decided to raise his six children isolated from society in the desert.
It is a unique film full of interesting ideas and exciting moments.
23. John Lennon - "Pretty Boy (Dear Boy)"
This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful and fun songs about having a child.
John Lennon dedicated it to his son Sean. He is the only child he had with Yoko Ono.
"Close your eyes
The monster is gone, it's running away.
And your father is here.
24. Elton John - "Blessed"
Elton John's "Blessed" tells the story of a man who dreams of having a child.
It's a strange feeling imagining your future child. It's like you can already feel love, but you have no idea how it really feels.
It's exciting, intimidating and beautiful at the same time.
"Hey you, you're a kid in my head
you haven't walked yet
His first words have not yet been spoken.
But I swear you will be blessed.
25. Hino Lights - "You will always be my son"
"You Will Always Be My Son" is a classic father-son song.
The title seems too obvious, but what matters is the intent. It's important for your children to know that you are always there for them and that they feel safe and loved.
And given that, Anthem Lights' song about a kid is pretty teary-eyed.
I never want to let you go
But I can't wait to see you grow
And no matter what this life may bring
I want you to know that you always will be
You will always be my son."
26. Neil Young - "Here for You"
“In spring you are surrounded by protective arms
In autumn we let you go your own way
The happiness I know will always find you
And if you do, I hope you stay."
Neil Young wrote "Here For You" about his daughter, but if you look at the lyrics it could also be a song about a son.
It's about being there for your child, even if they go their own way.
27. Celine Dion - "A new day has come"
If you are a fan of Celine Dion, you probably want to dedicate this song to your child.
She wrote "A New Day Has Come" while taking time off to be with her son.
It's an uplifting song that captures the emotion of becoming a parent.
“Through the dark and the good times
I knew I would make it
And the world thought it had it all
But I've been waiting for you
28. Shakira - "The Only One"
In "The One Thing" Shakira sings about her son.
This song was his way of expressing unconditional love and support.
"You are the only thing I deserve
It's an impermanent world, yes, it's an impermanent world
You turned the darkness into sunshine
I'm a lucky girl, yes I'm a lucky girl."
29. Roo Panes - "Dreamer"
One of the things every parent should teach their child is to be a dreamer.
Our society has taught us that children should be raised to be strong. But there are many other qualities that young children need to learn: empathy, tenderness, curiosity, creativity...
"Are you wondering where you would be if you had ever dared to dream?
Oh, I wonder where I would be if it weren't for my dreams."
30. Jack Johnson - "You remind me of you"
You should definitely put "You Remind Me Of You" on your songs for my son's playlist.
It is simple but very tender, thoughtful and positive.
It's all you need for a song to dedicate to your child.
“Your mother gave you these windows
for your beautiful soul
Your father has more love for you
So you might know.
We hope you enjoyed today's playlist!
And you may even have found a perfect song for your child.
However, songs like these can remind us to cherish our family ties.
When life gets challenging or overwhelming, a family should be a source of comfort and security.
And having that is the most precious thing.
songs about family
songs about home
1) Forever Young - Rod Stewart. Description: This classic song about being forever young is a perfect ode to growing up, but still staying young. It's an ideal mother son dance song for your wedding.What is a good song about kids growing up? ›
- 1. “ My Hometown” By Bruce Springsteen.
- 2. “ Cat's In The Cradle” By Harry Chapin.
- 3. “ Never Grow Up” By Taylor Swift.
- 4. “ Castle On The Hill” By Ed Sheeran.
- 5. “ Forever Young” By Bob Dylan And The Band.
- 6. “ Teenagers” By My Chemical Romance.
- 7. “ 7 Years” By Lukas Graham.
- 8. “
- 1. “ Anyway” by Martina McBride.
- 2. “ Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle.
- 3. “ The Man You've Become” by Molly Pasutti.
- 4. “ Priceless” by King & Country.
- 5. “ A New Day Has Come” by Celine Dion.
- 6. “ Baby Mine” by Alison Krauss.
- 7. “ God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys.
- 8. “
- 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' ...
- 'The Hokey Pokey' ...
- 'The Disappointing Pancake' by Lisa Loeb. ...
- 'The Ants Go Marching' ...
- 'Happy and You Know It' ...
- 'Skidamarink' by Sharon, Lois & Bram. ...
- 'This Land Is Your Land' by Woody Guthrie. ...
- 'Airplane' by Jetty Rae.
- “You are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder.
- “A Song for Mama” by Boyz II Men.
- “Mama Hold My Hand” by Aloe Blacc.
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King.
- “Hero” by Mariah Carey.
- “I Got You” by Ciara.
- “River,” by Leon Bridges.
- “I'll Be There” by Mac Miller ft. Phonte.
- Letter To Me By Brad Paisley.
- Remember You Young By Thomas Rhett.
- He Gets That From Me By Reba McEntire.
- The Best Day By Taylor Swift.
- You're Gonna Miss This By Trace Atkins.
- There Goes My Life By Kenny Chesney.
- Landslide By The Chicks.
1) Forever Young - Rod Stewart. Description: This classic song about being forever young is a perfect ode to growing up, but still staying young. It's an ideal mother son dance song for your wedding.What are some love songs for kids? ›
- All Ways by Elliott Park. ...
- Mama's Sunshine, Daddy's Rain by Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors. ...
- I Care by Tom T. ...
- The Lotto by Ingrid Michaelson with AJR. ...
- The Best Day by Taylor Swift. ...
- Brand New Day by Lindsey Ray with Tim Myers. ...
- All Smiles by Jess Penner.
|1||A Day In The Life||The Beatles|
|2||Billie Jean||Michael Jackson|
|3||Suspicious Minds||Elvis Presley|
According to Guinness World Records, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (1942) as performed by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single worldwide, with estimated sales of over 50 million copies.
- 1 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. ...
- 2 Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin. ...
- 3 Imagine - John Lennon. ...
- 4 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana. ...
- 5 One - Metallica. ...
- 6 Hotel California - Eagles. ...
- 7 Hey Jude - The Beatles. ...
- 8 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd.
Traditionally, the groom picks the mother-son song for a wedding. This song should reflect the mother-son relationship, or be a song special to the pair. Of course, if your mother has a special song in mind, it's fine for her to choose, too!What song can I dedicate to a boy? ›
“Make You Feel My Love” by Adele. “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer” “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper (This is truly a great song) “Take My Breath Away (Love Theme from Top Gun)” by Berlin.What was the 70s song about having a son? ›
“Cat's in the Cradle” By Harry Chapin. Chapin recorded this folk-rock hit in 1974, and it became his only number-one song, but it made a massive impact. It's possibly the most well-known song about a father-son relationship.What is a childhood song? ›
March 2021) A children's song may be a nursery rhyme set to music, a song that children invent and share among themselves or a modern creation intended for entertainment, use in the home or education.What is the best childhood memories? ›
Christmas dinner, going to the beach on a summer holiday and spending time at your grandparent's house are the memories we remember most vividly from our childhoods, it has emerged.What songs remind you of high school? ›
- “School's Out” by Alice Cooper.
- “Rock 'n' Roll High School” by the Ramones.
- “Fifteen” by Taylor Swift.
- “School Days” by Chuck Berry.
- “School Days” by the Runaways.
- “ABC” by The Jackson 5.
- “Another Brick in the Wall” by Pink Floyd.
- “We're Going to be Friends” by The White Stripes.
- Tame Impala – 'Patience'
- Supergrass – 'Alright'
- John Mellencamp – 'Jack and Diane'
- The Jam – 'When You're Young'
- Chance the Rapper – 'Nostalgia'
- Clairo – 'Bags'
- The Ramones – 'I don't Want to Grow Up'
- 1975 – 'Give Yourself a Try'
- Mind Playing Tricks on Me by Geto Boys (1991) ...
- Transportin' by Kodak Black (2017) ...
- Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze (1994) ...
- If You Want It by 2nd II None (1991) ...
- Lavagem Cerebral by Gabriel O Pensador (1993) ...
- Illusion by Destiny's Child feat.
“It Won't Be Like This for Long” By Darius Rucker. “It Won't Be Like This For Long” is a beautiful song written by Rucker, Chris Dubois, and Ashley Gorley. The song is about his daughters and highlights the fact that they are growing up fast.
Its theme song features the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra, playing to "I Want a Girl", a jazz standard which was recorded by Al Jolson in the 1920s.How do you tell a son you are proud of him? ›
- Say "I'm proud of you." First and foremost, tell your kiddo you're proud of them when the time arises. ...
- Write them a note. ...
- Talk about the obstacles. ...
- Share some cookies. ...
- Say you're proud in front of others. ...
- Don't forget the small stuff. ...
- Read a book to your kid about how you feel.
- Write your child a love letter. ...
- Surprise them. ...
- Read him one more story. ...
- Frame a favorite picture. ...
- Tell your child your favorite memory of him. ...
- Multiply the affection. ...
- Dance, sing, and laugh. ...
- Lunch box love.
- “The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son.” – ...
- “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am.” – ...
- “Heaven on Earth is looking at my little boy.” – ...
- “Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.” – ...
- “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” –
In addition to being entertaining for both children and adults, nonsense songs and verse are also thought to play a role in the educational development of children. Little songs of long ago: more old nursery rhymes, by Alfred Moffat (1910).How do you instill love music for kids? ›
- Listen, Sing and Dance. ...
- Incorporating Music into Daily Life and Family Memories. ...
- See a Variety of Live Shows. ...
- Create Music Together.
- Say No Go by De La Soul (1989) ...
- Doggy Dogg World by Snoop Dogg feat. ...
- Brooklyn-Queens by 3rd Bass (1989) ...
- Labyrinth Zone by Masato Nakamura (1991) ...
- Whutcha Want? ...
- My Baby Daddy by B-Rock and the Bizz (1997) ...
- Falling for You by Tamia (1997)
The Beatles have the most No. 1 hits of all time: 20.Who has the most top 10 songs of all time? ›
An elite 12 artists have achieved top 10 placements on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart in four or more decades, led by Andy Williams and Michael Jackson, with top 10 ranks in five decades each.Who had all top 10 songs? ›
Taylor Swift has once again made music history by claiming every single top 10 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 chart at once. No other artist has ever held all 10 spots at the same time, according to Billboard.
Michael Jackson's Thriller, estimated to have sold 70 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album ever. Jackson also currently has the highest number of albums on the list with five, Celine Dion has four, while the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Madonna and Whitney Houston each have three.What is the most first song ever? ›
The earliest fragment of musical notation is found on a 4,000-year-old Sumerian clay tablet, which includes instructions and tunings for a hymn honoring the ruler Lipit-Ishtar. But for the title of oldest extant song, most historians point to “Hurrian Hymn No.Which song topped the most charts? ›
More Stories by Xander
Glass Animals' former five-week Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 “Heat Waves” is now solely the longest charting song in the list's 64-year history, as it tallies a record-breaking 91st week on the latest Oct. 22-dated survey.
In 1893, the Hill sisters needed a song for their kindergarten class to sing on birthdays. Fast forward 120 years and "Happy Birthday" is by far the richest and most profitable song of all time. The Ownership of "Happy Birthday" has changed hands a few times in the last 100 years.Does groom's mother give bride's mother a gift? ›
Although there is no need to give a gift, there is also nothing wrong with doing so if you choose. Ask your daughter for some guidance as to allergies, preferences, etc., and make it something small so that you don't make her feel uncomfortable.Who walks down the aisle first mother of the bride or groom? ›
From walking down the aisle first to last, the traditional order is: Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Grandparents of Bride, Grandparents of Groom, Groom, Officiant, the Wedding Party, Maid of Honor and Best Man, Ring Bearer, Flower Girl and lastly the Bride and her Father.What does a groom's family pay for? ›
What Does the Groom's Family Pay For, Traditionally? The groom's family is responsible for corsages and boutonnieres for immediate members of both families, the lodging of the groom's attendants (if you have offered to help pay for this expense), and sometimes the costs of the rehearsal dinner.What is every good boy in music? ›
In treble clef, the notes on the lines are E – G – B – D – F from lowest to highest, often remembered through the traditional mnenomic “Every Good Boy Does Fine.” The spaces are F – A – C – E from lowest to highest.What is the most used male name in songs? ›
A new study has revealed that John is the most common male name in song titles, and Mary is the most common female name. Research by music industry experts Music Industry How To analyzed 2,262,292 unique track titles from 1 million Spotify playlists to discover which first names appeared the most frequently.What songs do people make love to? ›
- “Love Yourself” – Justin Bieber.
- “All of Me” – John Legend.
- “Photograph” – Ed Sheeran.
- “Sorry” – Justin Bieber.
- “Could You Be Loved” – Bob Marley and the Wailers.
“Tears In Heaven” by Eric Clapton
It's also his most personal—he wrote it about the death of his young son.
“It Won't Be Like This for Long” By Darius Rucker. “It Won't Be Like This For Long” is a beautiful song written by Rucker, Chris Dubois, and Ashley Gorley. The song is about his daughters and highlights the fact that they are growing up fast.Why are childhood songs important? ›
Music ignites all areas of child development and skills for school readiness, including intellectual, social-emotional, motor, language, and overall literacy. It helps the body and the mind work together. Exposing children to music during early development helps them learn the sounds and meanings of words.What is the most listened to song by future? ›
Most popular Future song in order includes 1. Mask Off 2. Life Is Good 3. WAIT For U 4.What is the fastest growing music? ›
Between 2020 and 2022, Latin music grew 55.29% in album consumption in the U.S., according to Luminate, far outstripping the overall industry's 21.61%, as well as the growth of the four biggest genres in the U.S. over that time: R&B/hip-hop (12.17%), rock (22.28%), pop (20.64%) and country (19.22%).What are songs about new beginnings? ›
- “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash. ...
- “Wanna be Startin' Somethin'” by Michael Jackson. ...
- “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone. ...
- “Up and Up” by Coldplay. ...
- “This Year” by Cooper. ...
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles. ...
- “Brand New Sun” by Jason Lytle. ...
- “Pack It Up” by Pretenders II.
- Undivided attention. One of the things children love the most is, getting full attention. ...
- Their world. It seems like one of the things all kids is living in a continual world of make-believe. ...
- Creative pursuits. ...
- Dance parties. ...
- Cuddles. ...
- Best friends. ...
- Structure. ...
- You notice things about them.
|I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker)||ZAYN & Taylor Swift||2:57|
|A Thousand Years||Christina Perri||4:45|
|Love You Like a Love Song||Selena Gomez & the Scene||3:08|
|Just a Kiss||Lady Antebellum||3:39|
- "Where You Lead" by Carole King. ...
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler. ...
- "Mama, I'm A Big Girl Now" from Hairspray. ...
- "Mama Said" by The Shirelles. ...
- "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. ...
- "Slipping Through My Fingers" by ABBA. ...
- "In My Daughters' Eyes" by Martina McBride.
"In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride.
- You Catch Them Humming/Singing Tunes Constantly. ...
- They Spend Long Periods of Time On An Instrument.
- They Notice When A Song or Instrument Is Out Of Tune. ...
- They Seem To Have An Understanding of Rhythm, Tunes, and Songs. ...
- Often Listen To or Talk About Music. ...
Music can provide them with a creative outlet to express their feelings and emotions, while allowing them to explore their identity and make sense of their experiences. Through engaging in musical activities, children can learn to trust their own abilities and build their own unique sense of self.Why are repetitive songs good for children? ›
Children naturally love to do things over and over again and over again! Their innate insistence on repetition is extremely beneficial to learning because it provides children with predictability, which creates a feeling of safety and security.